Renting a garage
We provide garages that you can apply to rent from us.
Price from 1 April 2022
You can rent a garage from £8.50 a week if you're a council tenant, or £10.20 a week for non-tenants. Council tenants are given priority.
You can pay your garage rent online, over the telephone or by Direct Debit.
Use this form to:
- Apply to rent a council owned garage
Issues not dealt with in this form:
- Garage rent payments
- Requests to terminate garage rental agreements, this must be done in writing to CBL@Richmondshire.gov.uk
- Reports of problems with a council owned garage or a problem tenant of a council owned garage, this must be done in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
- We will contact you within five working days to let you know if a garage is available
- If there are none available you will be entered onto a waiting list
What you'll need to provide:
- Your details
- Your preferred location of a garage
Terminating your garage tenancy
If you want to terminate your garage tenancy, you must give us one week's notice in writing.
The information you provide on this application form will be used to facilitate your Garage application. The information will only be disclosed to individuals in the Council who require it to complete your request. Please be aware that your information may be passed to the Council’s Counter Fraud Service and/or the Police if we suspect any fraudulent activity. For more information about how we use your personal data please see the Council’s Privacy Notice on its website.