Richmondshire District Council

Coronavirus update

During this difficult time, all TEN applications are expected to be accompanied by a relevant risk assessment including COVID-19 safety measures and an associated action plan, otherwise your application could be rejected. 

Please therefore ensure that you send your risk assessment via email to as well as completing this online form.

Use this form to:

  • Contact the council about an event that includes activities that require a licence, and will be held at premises that are not already authorised by a premises licence or a club premises certificate in Richmondshire. A Temporary Events Notice (TEN) can also be used to extend an existing licence temporarily. Your event must be no later than ten working days away, or five working days for a Late TEN, not including the day of application or the first day of the event.

Each TEN costs £21.

Please note that a TEN may only be given by an individual and not, for example, by an organisation/club/business. The individual giving the notice is the proposed 'premises user'. Businesses, clubs or organisations applying for a TEN will therefore need to identify one individual as the proposed premises user.

Make sure you read the guidance notes before you apply.

Additional assistance available
From the 1 April 2019 the Licensing team will offer further optional advice and guidance on your Temporary Events Notice, as well as assist you directly to complete a TEN application.

  • This service costs £19. For further details or to book this service please contact Licensing by emailing You will receive a reply usually within 24 hours. If your enquiry is urgent for a Late TEN please call 01748 829100 and ask to be put through to Licensing.

Issues not dealt with in this form

What happens next?

Once you have completed and submitted the form and fee, our team will process your application, and send a copy of this application and any required supporting documentation to the chief officer of police and the local authority exercising environmental health functions for the area in which the premises are situated.

What you’ll need to provide

  • Your contact details
  • National insurance number
  • Premises details including premises licence

Your privacy

The information you provide on this application form will be used to facilitate your TEN application. The information will only be disclosed to individuals in the Council who require it to

A to Z of Services