If a street light is electrically or structurally unsafe it is classed as an emergency. Examples of an emergency include: exposed wires or missing door; hanging lantern; loose or leaning column; or if the problem was caused by a road traffic accident.
Please call us on 01748 829100 to report an emergency fault during normal business hours.
To report an emergency lighting issue on the highway outside of our office hours you can ring North Yorkshire Police on 101.
Use this form to
- Report a faulty street light
Issues not dealt with in this form
- Highway lighting: North Yorkshire County Council is responsible for maintaining the majority of street lights in North Yorkshire. They're identified by a number painted in black on a yellow background on the lamp post. You can report a problem with these lights via the county council website
What happens next?
- Emergency faults, such as lights knocked over, will be attended to within four hours
- We aim to correct standard faults within five working days of the report
- Other works, such as street light replacements and those which involve the electricity supply, will be completed within ten weeks
What you'll need to provide
- Your details
- Location of the lighting issue