Purpose of the scheme
The Richmondshire Area Partnership Funding Scheme has been established to make available funding to each of the Area Partnerships to help with the delivery of groups within Richmondshire who wish to start new or continue existing projects which bring benefits to the community.
A total of £50,000 has been set aside for this financial year, with each Area Partnership allocated £10,000 each. Applications received will be categorised into one of the five “Area Partnership” areas based on the project location map within the district. These areas are defined as:
- Central Richmondshire
- The Garrison
- Lower Wensleydale
- North Richmondshire
- Upper Dales
- Applicants can apply for a maximum of £1,000 per application
- Capital or revenue projects that have been identified in either in a Parish Plan, local community action plan, an Area Partnership Action Plan or through community consultation (e.g. equipment, building enhancements, sports clubs and community activities)
- The Area Partnership Fund is open to applications from Parish and Town Councils, Parish Meetings, voluntary organisations and community groups with a constitution or set of rules
- Applicants must be able to clearly demonstrate a demand or need for the project from the local community
- The maximum percentage of the total project costs which can be applied for from this scheme is 75%
- The project must be completed before the end of the financial year end in which the application was submitted (31 March 2022)
- The organisation must be solvent and not have more than 12 months running costs in unrestricted reserves
- Match funding must not be from an alternative District Council funding source
- Grants awarded will only be paid following the production of relevant invoices/receipts
- Richmondshire District Council reserves the right to withdraw the grant where spend is not in line with the offer made and accompanying terms and conditions
- The applicant must be able to confirm that their suppliers are bona fide businesses with relevant VAT and Tax registrations and able to provide relevant work guarantees
- The organisation completing this application must demonstrate that they meet State Aid rules. The rules can apply to funding given to charities, public authorities and other non-profit making bodies where they are involved in commercial activities. State Aid rules can be viewed on the Government State Aid webpage
- Applications are ineligible from any statutory body (except Parish Councils), businesses and individuals
- Applications are ineligible to support general repairs, maintenance or general day to day running costs, for example pointing brickwork, rent or utilities
- Grants will not be awarded retrospectively. Organisations cannot apply for purchases which they have made prior to being successful in receiving a grant from the scheme. This will be demonstrable through the production of an invoice dated after an offer of grant support is presented. Any claims received which include an invoice with a date prior to the offer letter will not be paid
How to apply
To apply for grant funding, you will need to complete this online application form and submit no later than 5pm on Friday 30th July 2021. Only forms received before this date will be taken forward for consideration.
Applicants should also be aware that all correspondence relating to successful applications will be sent electronically including the grant offer letter, terms and conditions, copy claim form and monitoring report. Applicants are encouraged to save the email address email@example.com as a ‘contact’ within their email system so that emails are not sent to ‘junk’ or ‘spam’ folders.
If you have any questions about completing this form, please contact the Business and Community Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01748 829100.
Use this form to:
- Apply for Area Partnership grant funding scheme
What happens next?
After the application deadline, applications will be reviewed by the Business and Community team and reviewed by the Grant Panel. You should receive a decision mid-September whether you have been successful or not.
Once a decision on your application has been made, you will be notified by email whether it has been successful or denied.
What you'll need to provide
- Contact details of the individual completing the application
- Business details
- Project details including timescales (upload project plan if applicable)
- Area Partnership project area
- Community benefits to the project
- Project outcome/beneficiaries
- Project evaluation
- Project finances (grant amount applying for, funding contribution source)
- Description of items wanting to purchase
- Upload a minimum of two quotes per item intending to purchase
- Organisation last two-year accounts including evidence
- Bank account details
The information you provide on this application form will be used to facilitate your application for the Area Partnership grant funding scheme. The information will only be disclosed to individuals who require it to complete your request. Please be aware that your information may be passed to the council's Counter Fraud Service and/or the Police if we suspect any fraudulent activity. For more information about how we use your personal data please see the Council’s Privacy Notice on our website.