Richmondshire District Council

Use this form to:

  • Log emergency planning queries
  • Log planning enforcement complaints
  • Ask if a tree has a Tree Preservation Order on it
  • Ask if your property has had its Permitted Development Rights removed
  • Log enquiries related to existing or recently approved applications

These enquires will be regularly reviewed, however you may not receive a response if your request is considered not to fall within any of the above categories.

Issues not dealt with in this form:

  • Enquiries related to planning within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. These can be emailed to them at

  • Enquiries about building regulations. These need to be sent to North Yorkshire Building Control Partnership at
  • Consultation responses regarding ongoing applications – these can be logged via Public Access.

More information can be found from the Interactive House Planning Portal.

What happens next?

Upon completion of this form, we will respond to your enquiry as quickly as possible. Please allow up to 5 days for a response.

What you'll need to provide:

  • Contact details
  • Enquiry details

Your privacy

The information you provide on this application form will be used to facilitate your enquiry. The information will only be disclosed to individuals in the Council who require it to complete your request. Please be aware that your information may be passed to the Council’s Counter Fraud Service and/or the Police if we suspect any fraudulent activity. For more information about how we use your personal data please see the Council’s Privacy Notice on its website.

A to Z of Services