Richmondshire District Council


Is your property available to let commercially for 140 days or more? If so, it will need to be rated as a self-catering holiday accommodation and valued for business rates, rather than council tax.

Please use this form to request that the property is valued for business rates.

'Commercially' is understood to mean with a view to making a profit. This would require that the property is let at market rates and actively advertised in the usual places, such as tourism and hospitality company websites.

Use this form to:

  • Request the change from domestic to commercial use

What happens next?

The application will be sent to the relevant department for review.

What you'll need to provide?

  • Contact details of the individual completing the application (including correspondence address)
  • Property description (including address of property concerned, property type and number of bedrooms)
  • Availability and charges (including high and low season charges)

Your privacy

The information you provide on this application form will be used to facilitate your request for self-catering unit status (change from domestic to commercial use). The information will only be disclosed to individuals who require it to complete your request. Please be aware that your information may be passed to the council's Counter Fraud Service and/or the Police if we suspect any fraudulent activity. For more information about how we use your personal data please see the  Council's Privacy Notice  on our website.

A to Z of Services